Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 1

I am exactly one week post-op today. I feel amazing. I don't feel like I had surgery, my abdomen doesn't hurt and my forearms are finally back no normal. It's funny, I had a friend that had the VSG a few weeks before I had mine and her first two weeks were miserable. My experience has been completely different, and I'm thankful for that. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

My energy levels are much higher, I'm not used to feeling this energetic, it's very strange. Also my mind feels less cloudy, not that I was living in a haze before but it's just different. Better.

Last night I walked about half a mile with Lady, I definitely felt a bit winded when I got home but nothing really bad. Walking is about all I can do right now. Nothing that could put any strain on my abdomen. I'm looking forward to being able to swim.

On the dinner menu for tonight:

2oz refried beans
1oz greek yogurt
1tsp salsa juice

I'm very full. It feels weird that three ounces of food will fill me up now. I'm even using baby spoons to eat with, just to control how much I take in at a time, plus it makes eating take longer which is good.

That's about it for today, here are the one week pics!





Highest Weight - 457 (BMI: 63.7)
Current Weight - 414 (BMI: 57.7)
Goal Weight - 180 (BMI: 25.1)
So in one week I lost five pounds... but it's actually more. I actually gained ten pounds in the hospital from the fluids and the swelling caused by surgery; so I actually lost fifteen pounds my first week. Here's hoping this week is just as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment