Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Six Pounds Down


Six pounds down since Sunday. Not too bad.

Surprisingly the liquid diet has been much easier than I anticipated, I'm hoping this makes the transitions to clear liquids easier. That transition  happens this Sunday.

Less than a week to go until Surgery. I keep feeling more and more excited, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. In a way that's true, this is the biggest gift I've ever given to myself. Definitely the most costly as well, not necessarily in monetary terms, but in what I'm giving up to be successful and healthy.

About six weeks post surgery I have a wedding to go to. Which is very exciting. It's actually the first same-sex wedding I'll be attending. First of many I'm assuming. Regardless, I'm excited to hang with my friends and have a good time. I should be on normal foods by then, but worst case scenario I'm still on soft foods and I just have to take my own meal with me. At least I'll know I'm eating the things I'm supposed to.

Given how much I weigh now and how much I have to lose, I could be down approximately 50-75 lbs by six weeks out, which means I'll need to get something to wear. The thought of buying smaller clothes is exciting, although I didn't want to buy anything that soon because I probably won't be wearing it very long.

Arg!

Six days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment