Sunday, August 10, 2014

Liquid Diet

It begins today.

I'm nine days out from surgery and while my surgeon didn't tell me to go on liquids before I've read quite a bit about how it helps shrink the liver which makes surgery easier. I had a friend who recently had the VSG and her surgeon commented on how large her liver was, she only did 3 days of liquids. I've determined that it is in my best interest to do the liquids for longer. I'll lose weight and shrink my liver which will put me in the best possible space for when I go under.

When I spoke to the dietitian back in January, she actually recommended doing this to drop the necessary weight I needed to do to have the surgery. Drink about 4 of these protein drinks a day, but if I'm still hungry to have more. I can do soups and juices as well, but just the protein drinks if I really want to dumb it down. We'll see how this goes.

Have my last pre-op appointment sometime this week as well as having to preregister at the hospital.Getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment