Monday, August 18, 2014

It's the 11th Hour


Today is the last day before surgery. It's not too late to turn back but I have no desire to.

As of 3:00 PST I've also started my bowel prep for surgery (if you're unfamiliar, when having this surgery the stomach and digestive tract need to be as empty as possible, it's one of the reasons a clear liquid diet is required for two days).

The bowel prep goes like this:

3:00 - Take two Ducolax tablets
4:00 - Drink 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate
6:00 - Mix 64oz of Gatorade with 238g bottle of Miralax. Drink 8oz every 15-30 minutes until half is gone.
8:00 - Take two Ducolax tablets
10:00 - Drink the remainder of the Miralax concoction at the previous rate until it is finished.

I'm really not looking forward to the aftermath of all this. Ass disaster won't even begin to cover it.

I don't actually anticipate getting to sleep until like 3:00, if I'm lucky I'll get about four hours of sleep before getting up and getting ready to head to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment