Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 4

Today I am exactly 4 weeks out from surgery.

I still don't feel that different in terms of my weight. I've lost 26 pounds so far (35 if you count what was gained in the hospital) and I I don't notice much of a difference in what I see either. My face is a bit slimmer and I know I've lost some inches around the middle. It just still feels the same for the most part. I know it'll take losing about 50 or more before I really notice it. I'm ok with that, I know this isn't a quick thing and anything worth doing takes time.

On a more disgusting note I think I had my first dumping today. According to the Mayo Clinic, dumping is:

Dumping syndrome is a group of symptoms that are most likely to develop if you've had surgery to remove all or part of your stomach, or if your stomach has been surgically bypassed to help lose weight. Also called rapid gastric emptying, dumping syndrome occurs when the undigested contents of your stomach move too rapidly into your small bowel. Common symptoms include abdominal cramps, nausea and diarrhea.
Most people with dumping syndrome experience symptoms soon after eating. In others, symptoms may occur one to three hours after eating. Some people experience both early and late symptoms.
Dumping syndrome is managed by adjusting your diet. In more-serious cases of dumping syndrome, you may need medications or surgery.
Now, based of that and what I've heard from other people, it was a very mild dump. I didn't get chills or feel feverish, not did it turn into some kind of ass disaster. What it did do was just come up not long after I ate a few bites of my lunch; and lunch was just two chicken tenders breaded in panko and baked. Left overs from last night. Had one last night and it went down fine, had zero issues with it so I didn't think I would today. I didn't even eat all of it, just two small bites. It's ok though, I'll  just stick to mostly liquids with one solid meal a day. Which is a great way to get my protein in, plus the weight goes faster.

This week's pictures are a bit different. Two are side-by-side comparisons with the pictures that I took the morning of surgery.


Now if I could just get my photographer to warn me before she takes the pictures maybe my eyes wouldn't be closed in so many of them.

Highest Weight - 457 (BMI: 63.7)
Current Weight - 393 (BMI: 54.8)
Goal Weight - 180 (BMI: 25.1)
Current Micro-goal: 375

Loss Since surgery: 26 pounds, about an average two year old

1 comment:

  1. Yeah dumping syndrome is no bueno. I get it from fried foods, unless I make them myself and too much sugar. Hang in there, it will come off. I lost an average 10 pounds a month.

    ReplyDelete