Sunday, September 7, 2014

Food

This week has gone by really well. I'm still technically on my mushy food diet, but I tried some chicken earlier in the week and it went down fine. Granted I chewed it until it was practically mush, which is kind of a new thing. I've stuck with the mush diet for the most part though. Tomorrow I can actually start transitioning to soft foods and I'm looking forward to that. I'll be glad to actually chew something again.

I did find this recipe I want to try. It uses spaghetti squash and makes it into a kind of potato au gratin thing. Only changes I'd make would be to use greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and make sure the cheese it calls for is low fat/fat free. That and remove the onions which removes the need for butter. All good changes.




That's the recipe if you feel like checking it out, but mostly this is so I don't lose it!

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 things to say. 1) can you chew gum to get that "chewing" motion? 2) have you been to genaw.com? It's a lot carb website that I've used several times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out that site, never been before.
      I can chew gum, but I've never been much of a gum person.

      Also, I tried this tonight, I think substituting the greek yogurt for the sour cream was a bad idea.

      Delete