Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Three things

There are a few things I want to talk about today.

First, food.

Being as protein is so important now, I'm always looking for things with some extra protein in it. This lead me to discover Cheerios Protein.

Cheerios Protein. As in with protein?


However it is deceiving. Sneaky Cheerios. Turns out it actually has more fat and sugar than Apple Jacks. Wtf right?


I suppose the saving grace is that the Cheerios have more protein. I shall continue to my search for protein rich foods.

Secondly, more college stuff.

My ultimate educational goal is to get my MA in English so I can teach at a community college. The colleges I applied to don't require a foreign language for a BA, which is friggin awesome. However, after researching the MA programs at my universities I'll need to take a foreign language.


Fuckery indeed. Turns out, that the English graduate student must demonstrate the ability to read a text in a foreign language and then translate it into English.

This does not please me. I've taken Italian and Spanish and I just don't do well with foreign languages. However, if I want my MA, at least one in English, I'm going to have to figure out how to remedy that.

Now I'm considering a minor in a foreign language, most likely Spanish as it will be much easier to find people to speak Spanish with to keep it fresh. Whereas Italian, which is what I'd prefer to learn, I'd have to go out of my way to find people to speak it with.

Third, weekly update.

The pounds keep on coming off, which is the whole point. I'm starting to look into ways to be more active, I'd love to get a membership at the YMCA so I can swim. If by chance you wanna sponsor that let me know.


Also, I'm trying a new look for the weekly stats.


The screenshot is from an ap called, Monitor Your Weight.


1 comment:

  1. 2 things:
    1. Chia, yes chia, like the chia pet stuff. In one tablespoon it has 3 grams of protein. I generally take a tablespoon and toss it into whatever it is I am drinking... usually water. I hear it's awesome in smoothies though. Plus it has fiber... trust me the more you get into eating you will want something to keep you smooth and regular. I usually do 2 tablespoons a day to keep me regular.
    2. caloriecount.about.com I use it religiously, it's an app and has a pretty handy website you can use too. I use it to track my food/nutrient intake and for accountability.

    ReplyDelete